A Cost-Effective Solution Great For All Parties
Often, when a dispute arises, there are several different ways to reach a settlement or agreement. One route to take in reaching an agreement is mediation. At my firm, I work with clients throughout Macon and the surrounding areas.
I am a registered neutral qualified to serve as your mediator in facilitating settlements.
Mediation – How You Can Benefit From It
Mediation is a private process where a neutral third person (known as a mediator) assists the parties in discussions to reach a dispute resolution. This process is completely voluntary, and the parties are not required to come to an agreement if they choose mediation. Many times, however, parties will reach an agreement.
The goal in mediation is to achieve a win-win situation for both parties. Mediation reduces the potential for a drawn-out case, eliminating excessive court fees and the stress of taking matters to trial. In general, the benefits of mediation include:
- Minimal costs: Litigation can be very costly and can include significant attorney fees; mediation is easier on your bank account.
- You can discuss your matters in a safe, open and confidential environment.
- You can reach a flexible agreement on your own: Mediation allows flexibility that will not likely be available in litigation.
- The outcome of your case is determined by you; not left in the hands of a judge or jury.
- Courts honor your agreement in mediation.
If you are seeking the services of a mediator, call Lori C Obenauf LLC to schedule mediation.